Tuesday 22 April 2014

April Wishlist and Lenten Update

April Wishlist and Lent Update

Easter is here and along with it the end of lent. March was a busy month with study starting for exams and going on a fabulous trip with some college friends to Amsterdam. Being so busy probably helped but I mostly managed to stick to my Lenten promise and bought little to no cosmetics.

My MarchWishlist went something like this. I didn’t invest in the Essie nail varnish but that will definitely be on the shopping list this month. My birthday was this week and I’m feeling the need to treat myself in the next few days.

My No7 concealer is still going strong so I won’t be investing in the Collection concealer yet. The other day I did a clear out of my makeup stash and put away all the things I don’t use, for example I have at least 5 mascaras and I can only use one/two max. When one runs out I will look to see if I have another and if not then it will be time to invest in a new one. Obviously there will be hauls and splurges but for the most part I should try to be more savvy when it comes to what I have.

I did invest in the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (currently a bargain, on offer at just €3.29) before Amsterdam so that I could decant it into a 100ml bottle for hand luggage. There will be a review posted in the coming weeks based on this vs the No.7 Cleansing Water.

The TanyaBurr nail varnishes are still on my list to invest in as I am just falling more and more in love with them every time I see them. I am dying to have little duck. Mint green is one of my favourite shades for this summer. I can’t resist things in mint.

I am still in love with the jumpsuit from Boohoo and I will certainly be adding this to my summer wardrobe  (am very upset it's out of stock). It’s been a long month of not buying things and I have come across some new must haves for April.

Floral Shorts by Mollie at Oasis


These shorts while pricey at €44.00, will look fab for Summer. Paired with white or any colour that you pick up from the design on the shorts, it will be fabulously easy to bring these shorts from day to night by adding a pink lip, some wedges and a blazer. Oasis also offer a student discount on presentation of a valid student ID. 

Sleek Pink Lemonade Blush Trio

This blush is full of the most amazing shimmering and matte pinks, both cream and powder. It is everything one looks for in a Summer blush palette. It would be the perfect blush to take away on holidays knowing that you will have something on hand for every eventuality. Sleek products are extremely good value and are available to order on boots.ie. I could not however find this product on the Irish site. 

Oasis Tropical Floral Playsuit 


This playsuit, again from Oasis, is also pricey at €56, but is utterly stunning! Paired with flip flops during the day it would make the perfect outfit for a trip to the market or sightseeing and with gold accessories and heeled sandals by night, it would take you absolutely anywhere. Definitely one not to miss. 


Barry M Gelly Nail Polish

I love when I get my nails done, but sadly gel just doesn't seem to last for me. I'm dying to try these new polishes from Barry M, which claim to give the same finish as a gel manicure. I don't think they last as long as a gel manicure would but if I apply a top coat every other day I tend to get about a week out of a home, manicure, which isn't half bad. 

Black Cowl Wrap Playsuit by Mollie at Oasis


There seems to be a running trend in this months wishlist, in that I'm going to spend my last penny in Oasis. They have really outdone themselves for their Spring/Summer Collection and the clothes by Mollie are so classy and elegant. If you aren't feeling the floral trend for Summer but still want a jumpsuit that will take you from day to night easily then this is the one for you. Black looks well on everyone and the cowl/wrap nature of this playsuit should be flattering on any shape. This one could be harder to dress down for daywear, but a white belt and some flip flops and this would take you into the heart of any European city. An absolute must have for those nights where you need something really elegant but cool and relaxed at the same time!

So that's this month's wishlist... Have you spotted anything you'll be lusting after for the month to come? Let me know in the comments below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment