Friday 2 May 2014

Another Day, Another Boots Haul

So it's now May and Summer is officially upon us, not that we would know it by the weather. It's also exam season in UCC, which has led to me being inexcusably inactive here. That will all change in the next week or so, with frequent updates and more interaction via. Social Media. It's always great to find out what people think so I will be looking to get more feedback from people regarding what you'd like to see and if there are any particular products you'd like reviewed. What can I say? I'm a people pleaser!

I've finally got around to doing a boots haul and I've picked up some pieces I'm sure I'll love. The haul may seem small because I also had my birthday recently and got a lot of new makeup there also, which will be featured in their own posts. 



I've been waiting since my March Wishlist to invest in Essie in the shade a cut above. This shade is not available on Boots.ie but retails in store for €10.99. While the colour does look amazing, I feel this is a little pricey for a brand I've not tried before. If anyone can offer any guidance on Essies' nail polishes I'd really appreciate it. 


While shopping around the makeup aisles I came across this excellent Sally Hansen equivalent which I know will be good quality. It comes from their Gem Crush range and is in the shade Razzle Dazzler. I have only used it once and forgot to take a picture before it began to chip so I've used this one to show you exactly what it looks like. 


I really liked how there is a mixed selection of glitter. It makes it look really 3D on your nail. It also can be used over other nail polishes and provides a professional finish. 

I have been looking for a nude lipliner for a while for under some of my paler lipsticks, simply to increase their staying power. I was considering the L'Oreal Infallible Lipliner  but I just felt that the packaging was really flimsy. I don't like lip/eye liners that are in plastic casing. I find that they break and I never end up using them until they run out. I instead fell head over heels in love with MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipliner in Pink Petal. It comes out really smoothly and isn't drying or rough at all. It also matches all my pink lipsticks well. 


This brings me to my next purchase,  L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Privee in Juliannes Nude. It was a little expensive for a high-street brand lipstick but I do love the colour and it's really moisturising. 


As mentioned in my April Wishlist, I have invested in some of the Barry M. Gelly Nail Polishes. I bought them in the shades Greenberry and Blueberry, but haven't got around to trying them yet.  I'm dying to see what they are like on. They claim to give the shine synonymous with a gel manicure. I have found Barry M nail polishes to be a bargain in the past, as they are always at a reasonable price point. 

I did also buy another Sally Hansen nail polish in the shade Frutti Petutie, which is a really vibrant Coral based pink. 



The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick has been on my list for quite a while, but the price is just too much for me to justify. So imagine how delighted I was to discover that Seventeen have produced an almost identical dupe


This is the shade pink bronze, but I will definitely be investing in Gold Bronze for the Summer.

Another item which has been on my list for quite a while is the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush. This was recommended to me when I had my Smashbox Makeover. It allows you to apply gel eyeliner without the bristles from the brush moving and messing up your work.


See how neatly the eyeliner went on? This brush is a lifesaver.

Last, but certainly not least, I invested in Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink gold which is the most divine pink/champagne colour. Definitely worth an investment for summer. I have been using it with a champagne all over my lid, pink gold on the outer half of the lid and a taupe in my crease for every day use.


There is currently 3 for 2 in Boots Stores and on Boots.ie, including all cosmetics and makeup tools and accessories. Let me know if anything takes your fancy or if you have found any hidden gems this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment